[TowerTalk] Schedule 40 PVC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Schedule 40 PVC
From: stan@ccsnet.com (stan@ccsnet.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:24:34 -0500
Hello Fred

Consider using the thin walled solid drain pipe at 1/2 the cost of the
sched 40 pvc
for areas with no vehicular traffic...

Consider using irigation valve boxes  at the house and tower ends. These
boxes are available from HOME DEPOT in multiple sizes and reasonable
costs..

at my building penetration point I used a 18" x 18" aluminum plate over
a square hole on the foundation, especially made for it. Onto the
outside of the aluminum plate I mount the coaxial lightning arrrestors
and around this below grade plate is a galvi window well with a clear
window well cover keeping out the leaves and larger animals.
Access is easy by lifting the cover.

note that all coaxial and control line connections must be water proofed
as usual.....

Stan, WA1ECF   CApe Cod, MA  fn41sr

to:   INT:k1vr@juno.com
cc:   INT:towertalk@contesting.com