[TowerTalk] WX7M 280' long 20M Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WX7M 280' long 20M Yagi
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:10:44 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-18 10:34:42 EDT, w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher -
W4AN) writes:

<< I cant help but wonder why he chose a REALLY long boom design rather than
 doing something with multiple yagis stacked or side by side yagis?  Is
 this 280' long antenna going to be the strongest thing to Europe from his
QTH?

 If you were WX7M and wanted THE LOUDEST signal in one direction, what
 would you put up?  What would beat this 280' long yagi?

Bill,

I was wondering the same thing.  Certainly a wire array that takes up that
much real estate might be comparable or even superior to such a low antenna.
 My thoughts turn to a multi-element bobtail curtain, phased V-beams or
Rhombics, or even a log-periodic design in either a vertical or horizontal
configuration.  Most of these antennas could be put up in a stationary
configuration using only a few supports.

Why this design....I guess I just don't get it!

Paul, KB8N