[TowerTalk] WX7M 280' long 20M Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WX7M 280' long 20M Yagi
From: perring@infocom.net (Bob Perring)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:14:35 -0500
At 11:10 9/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Why this design....I guess I just don't get it!
>Paul, KB8N
Some thoughts come to my mind, as to what might be in the head of
someone doing something an antenna such as this:
1. Never been done before
2. It is AMATEUR radio.
3. Who will ever do one any bigger?
4. Will it make a cover page of one of my ham radio magazines as a
technical item, not
    as a some other aspect of our hobby?
5. Putting up an array like this allows a lot of time for safe beer
drinking with a result at
    the end of the keg.
6. It is something which will be noticed.
7. It is something which will be remembered.
8. It is something that the creator's peers will surely talk about.
9. What the Hell, I've got the wire, and I've got the curiosity.

WHAT A GREAT PROJECT !!

N5RP