[TowerTalk] Tower Base Design

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Design
From: schaier@avotec.com (Len Schaier)
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:55:42 -0400
I would like to install a free standing tower very close to my house.
Because some of the tower loads will "come out" through the soil, it seem
logical that they could react against my house foundation. That may not be a
good thing!!

I would therefor appreciate help understanding how the lateral and
overturning moments are "taken out" through a tower's base and surrounding
soil.

Anybody out there know of any articles/books where I can learn more about
what goes on around a tower base?

Thanks in advance.

Len
K2IVX