[TowerTalk] Re: Sloped Beverage Terminations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Sloped Beverage Terminations
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:36:35 -0600
Re:  Beverage Length (on 160M)

290 ft is just barely over 1/2 wavelength.  This will have a very HIGH
angle of radiation and very LITTLE  F/B.  At 1 wavelength (approx 520 ft)
you will begin to see directivity off the end and hear better than on
your
transmit antenna.  Over 900 ft and you will see as much improvement
over the 500 ft level as a 500 ft Beverage has over a vertical, or so I
have seen at this QTH.  Bottom line: 290 ft is better than nothing,
but longer is better (up to  1000 to 2000 ft on 160M).

de Tom  N4KG