[TowerTalk] Re: TopBand: Re: Sloped Beverage Terminations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: TopBand: Re: Sloped Beverage Terminations
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:24:29 +0900
lew@teleport.com wrote:

>     2) You can put 100 ferrite beads, like FB-73-2401 from Amidon over a
> short hunk of RG58 between the Beverage box and the run of coax to the
> shack. This can be done later to spiff the pattern if you so desire.
>     3) Keep the coax run going back to the shack on the ground. If you put
> it up in the air. it'll act like a Beverage too screwing everything up.

Hi all.  I was wondering, on most of the posts on the beverages, the main
thing seems to be to get it to work in a desired direction.  If a person
only has one beverage to put up, does it really matter if it picks up off
the side, or the rear.  If I put one up to EU from Coos Bay, OR  chances
are I'm not going to hear much on it as there are not that many signals
from EU here.  I would also like to listen for KH6's, JA's PY's on it.
Is there any one good beverage for all directions, or does that ruin the
purpose of the antenna. 73
Tom W7WHY