[TowerTalk] HF beam against the wind.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF beam against the wind.
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 17:40:37 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-13 16:47:39 EST, aa7bg@3rivers.net writes:

> It's these
>  low/medium speed "resonating" breezes that cause those element ends to
>  shake loose of your antennae. A case for rivets, I suppose.

    Also for rope dampened elements. With elements of approximately the same
size, they will buzz constantly in light winds. The Force 12 use of
aggressive taper schedules in their elements and booms decreases the light
wind vibrations significantly.

    BTW, the rivets are a major breakthrough in element hardware. You'll be
seeing more antennas using them in the future.

73,  Steve  K7LXC