[TowerTalk] Tower siting legislation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower siting legislation
From: n6ig@netcom.com (Jim Pratt)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:58:12 -0800 (PST)
(My apologies to non-US readers of this reflector:)

Those of you who are hopeful of FCC action to possibly preempt local
zoning ordinances for ham antenna siting may want to look at:

www.nh.ultranet.com/~appell/antennas/

This site discusses Senate Bill S1350, introduced by Sen. Leahy of
Vermont.  This bill seeks to overturn the provisions of the
Communications Act regarding federal preemption of antenna siting
regulations.  This bill is on a "fast track" in the Senate and could make
ham-friendly rules in the future somewhat difficult.

I am curious if the ARRL is involved in any lobbying efforts regarding
this bill?

73, Jim  N6IG