No subject

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: blakecl@ix.netcom.com (CHRIS BLAKE)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 21:46:10 -0600 (CST)
Hi Folks-
First, please let me introduce myself- I'm Chris Blake N4FZ, and I am a
member of the Motorola Amateur Radio Club in Plantation FL.
Our club has a PRO97 that is mounted on a roof mounted tower (total
height 80 feet, tower about 50').  I has never tuned well (80/40 dipole
below, 2m vertical above); SWR on 40cw is high, and 20/15SSB is high.

I recently checked into the Contest Reflector; noticed a lot of good
(and bad) stuff on the PRO-series.  What we're really in need of is NOT
opinions, but rather facts from OWNERS/INSTALLERS who may have had
tuning problems in the past and can offer some suggestions or
solutions.
We have contacted Mosley several times, but their suggestions to date
(altering element lengthes) have had no effect.
Can you offer the name/phone/email address of some users?  Perhaps you
know folks that have faced this problem before.  Sure would be a help
to putting W4MOT back on the air.
73,
Chris Blake
(954)723-4780