[TowerTalk] Climbing alone

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing alone
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 12:08:40 -0700 (MST)
At 10:30 AM 12/22/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Don't roll it up.....let it lay into a large as you need garbage can. 300'
>of double braid 3/4 nylon fits in apretty average plastic can, the bigger
>ones could hold dowble or more, enough for most of us.
>
>73 Don VE6JY

Darn, another one of my secrets down the drain!
I have been using the the black tubs that trees
come in from the nursery.  They work well and
you can climb the tower and the tub feeds the
rope out without any worry of it getting tangled
in the weeds.  When "coiling" up the rope all you
do is let it random feed into the tub--never seems
to get tangled when pulling it out.

73 John  W0UN