[TowerTalk] Re: Attachments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Attachments
From: bohnovic@worldnet.att.net (John/K4WJ)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 23:15:47 -0500
At 04:49 PM 12/23/97 +0000, K4SB wrote:

>No attachment, nor any email is capable of harming a computer. Emails

>are merely text. While an attachment could contain a virus, it is simply

>impossible for it to start on its own. Just scan them BEFORE you run it

>if it is an .exe or .com.

>73

>Ed

A friend sent me an attached Word 6.0 document and my virus scanner said that
it contained the Irish virus. I had the virus software clean the file and that
was the last I've seen of the virus. I believe this virus only affects
Microsoft Word documents but I am not positive.

It is a good idea to scan all files that you import to your PC as you never
know what they contain. My friend did not know that her PC had the virus since
she hasn't seen any adverse affects from it YET.

73..

John/<italic>K4WJ</italic> in Pembroke Pines, FL

        QTH is 26 00 51 N

               80 16 16 W

        <italic>K8PXG</italic> from 18 Jun 59 to 11 Feb 97

        <italic>K8WJ</italic>  from 12 Feb 97 to 07 Apr 97

        <italic>ZF2HZ</italic>