[TowerTalk] rohn 25 and yaesu rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rohn 25 and yaesu rotator
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 11:48:25 EST
In a message dated 98-01-01 09:44:34 EST, w7ni@teleport.com writes:

> I am conused by this remark, Steve, since I have TWO Tailtwisters installed
>  in 25G and don't remember having to do anything special to get them in
>  there.  I just bolted them in place exactly like I would bolt a Ham IV in
> there.

    Okay, here goes. A TailTwister will fit in Rohn 25G sections that don't
have a diagonal brace in them; i.e. 25AG tapered top sections, BAS25G
bearing/accessory shelf and 20BG. A T2X won't fit inside a straight section
because the case bolt ears will hit the diagonals. It also won't fit through
the diagonals for installation whereas a Ham IV will JUST fit through the
braces.

     The disadvantages of a tapered top section are that they won't take a
thrust bearing and only allow a couple of feet of mast inside the tower. In
other words, a short mast only - not one of the 20 footers.

     My original comment

>      A TailTwister won't fit into 25G (there are a couple of ways to install
>one so it's not impossible, just unlikely)

sort of alluded to this without any specifics. My apologies for the confusion.
I'm going by memory here since I don't have a T2X to take outside and try.
Maybe I'm confusing this with BX. The bottom line is to make sure all your
hardware is compatible before committing to it.

73,  Steve K7LXC