[TowerTalk] Interesting crank-up failure story

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Interesting crank-up failure story
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 11:36:02 EST
In a message dated 98-01-10 09:22:13 EST, wa9eka@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Maybe US Tower is experiencing complaints of cable failures in the above 3
>  years old average range, thus they're recommendation.

    The "factory recommendation" is primarily due to liability and insurance
considerations - not a plethora mechanical failures. It's what we call a
"weasel clause" - in case of a problem, they can weasel out of it. "You say
your cable broke? Did you change the cables and pulleys every three years like
we say? No? SORRY - it's not our problem."

     This is my opinion and not based on discussions with cable manufacturers
regarding cable service life.

73,  Steve  K7LXC