[TowerTalk] US Tower Installers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower Installers
From: n8ug@juno.com (Press W Jones)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:05:41 EST
Roger, the only cable that we've seen recently that you can "abuse by
design" on an installation such as you describe is Times' new LMR600UF,
which is mfr rated at 4.7db/100 ft at 2Ghz. We've heard no corraboration
of the claim from users or independent labs, but the data is probably
close. They tout a min bend radius of only 1.5 inches(for a 1 ohm change
in Zo), which is rather amazing. Price is on the order of $2.15/ft,
dependent on quantity. This would allow you to run large hardline to the
base safely, and then couple with very minor loss to the vertical run.
Will be happy to help in detail if needed.
73,
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC 29356
use n8ug@juno.com or (864) 895-4195 for tech help
orders only use 800-727-WIRE(9473) or cqwire@juno.com
http://www.thewireman.com
THE WIRE LINE(http://thewireman.com/wireline.html)

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:43:25 -0500 "Roger Rehr" <rrehr@epix.net> writes:
>I am hoping to install a US Tower HDX-572 or rather would like to find
>reputable tower installer to do it.  I've called the ones whose names
>are
>supplied by US Tower on the East Coast and have gotten no replies.
>
>I have no ability or time to do the construction/concrete/etc and
>would
>appreciate leads to reputable installers if anyone on the list knows
>of any.
>
>Thanks in  advance.
>
>Secondly, has anyone tried hardline with the automatic crankups?  I've
>been
>warned against it because of potential kinks and tangles but would
>really
>like to have the lower losses it provides at 1.2 and 2.4 GHz if
>possible.
>The tower would be out of my sight, so I couldn't watch for problems
>as I
>was raising or lowering it, and I need the height because I live on a
>hillside and need to get over the top.
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Roger Rehr
>W3SZ
>

>--
>Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]