[TowerTalk] Stacked tri-banders vs. Single mono-banders

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacked tri-banders vs. Single mono-banders
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 08:18:42 -0500
Pete, adding the second C3 is a great idea...even better if it rotates.
Your spacing is a little close for 20, even with the short boom of the C3,
but will still be better than only the single yagi.  I wouldnt worry about
the spacing on 10 at all.  If anything you might want to add a yagi below
the 69 footer.  As is, I think you'll find that most of the time the single
yagi at 69 feet will outperform the top one most of the time once the flux
starts climbing.

I'd recommend using a broadband transformer switching scheme such as the
WX0B Stackmatch for any situation involving mixing and matching of
multiband antennas.

73, Ty K3MM