[TowerTalk] Mosley antennas - Warning: Strong Language

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley antennas - Warning: Strong Language
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:01:15 EST
In a message dated 98-02-12 19:45:40 EST, k4ro@k4ro.net writes:

> For one real world data point, and not just marketing hype,
>  consider the recent ARRL 10m scores between W9WI and myself.
>  He has a 1 year old Force 12 C3 at 70' (I hung it for him.)
>  I have a 7 year old PRO57A at 100'.  Our 10m mixed mode scores
>  were very close, and he is a superior operator by far.

     The height difference of 30 feet on ten meters is significant. Our test
of the C-3 shows that it has 2-2.5 dBd gain on 10M. All your comments show is
that at THAT time, on THAT band your results were similar. It's not a valid
evaluation of either antenna's performance.

>  I could cite other real world examples of local comparisons
>  with other contesters in the area.  The bottom line is that my
>  20/15/10 meter scores are comparable with the TH-7/C3/Quad users
>  in the area.  The ARRL 10m contest is the first example that came
>  to mind, and includes one of the latest "vastly superior" antenna
>  designs.  Plus, in Doug's case, we're comparing his new C3 antenna
>  installation, with new connectors, feedline, etc., to my 7 year
>  old Mosley installation.

     Well, it's these anecdotal observations that we're trying to get away
from. They're not valid. Until you have data obtained from a standardized,
repeatable test - it don't mean a thing. That's why we are going to all this
work so that we can present some REAL on-the-air data.

73,  Steve  K7LXC