[TowerTalk] Best low tower and 10-40 m

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best low tower and 10-40 m
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 15:39:20 EST
In a message dated 98-03-11 15:30:19 EST, kk7gw@hotmail.com writes:

<< Okay, another person with a low dipole is venturing into the tower
 arena.  I'm looking at a US Tower 40 or 48 foot free-standing tower, and
 then either a tribander and a separate 40 beam, or a 10-40 beam like the
 C4 or something.  I have about $1200-1300 to spend on the tower, the
 antennas, and the rotators, so I can't go out and get really expensive
 stuff.  Any suggestions for someone who knows almost nothing about
 towers and rotatable antennas?   >>

You have a real dilemma. First, $1300 will barely get you the antenna, rotor
and cables (there are very few C-4's on the used market). Second, unless you
live on a hill top, you are going to be very disappointed with a 40 or 20
meter antenna at 40'. I suggest you do some more discovery on what you want
and what you can afford.

Tom, K5RC/7