[TowerTalk] Aluminium welds with propane torch. Query

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminium welds with propane torch. Query
From: alsopb@vance.net (alsopb@vance.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:58:14 -0500
Guys,

I saw a product called ALUMALOY advertised on TV.    It is a "welding
product" for aluminium which melts at 728 degrees F and uses no flux.
According to the ad it can be
drilled and tapped and is "stronger" than the aluminium base metal.
Among other things the ad showed them repairing an aluminium ladder and
canoe with it.

I can imagine many antenna projects for this stuff-- if it is as good as
it seems.  Has anybody actually used the stuff?   Or is it another magic
product that doesn't work.  At $45 for one pound of rods, it may be
quite affordable as well as useful.

The only spec I was able to copy down was a shear strenght of 31,000
psi.

The company that offers this is  Wendon Researct at 1-800-917-9353.

Brian/K3KO
I have no connection or financial interest in this company or its
products.

Vance Net Inc
End Of Message