[TowerTalk] Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: n8ug@juno.com (Press W Jones)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 15:28:20 EST
Hello, John - we can offer a bit of insight on the two excellent cables.
They are of similar construction as you probably know, and would both
last a nominal 10 years. The 9913F has more flexibility, if that is
important to you, with a 19 strand center conductor. The 400UF has 7
strands. The loss characteristics differ in that the 9913F is quite
similar to regular 9913 which is quite similar to LMR400. Almost too
close to call, so flexibility is the major factor there. The LMR400UF is
rated at 15% more loss, and is at least that, so if loss is really
important, it comes in second. Price differs quite a bit - we currently
sell the 9913F at $0.70/ft and the LMR400UF at $0.80/ft in 100 ft to
499ft lengths, custom cut.
Both are top quality products from highly respected manufacturers.
Will be happy to supply greater detail on loss, etc if required.
73,
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC 29356
use n8ug@juno.com or (864) 895-4195 for tech help
orders only use 800-727-WIRE(9473) or cqwire@juno.com
www.thewireman.com      Bargains + Hamfest schedule at
THE WIRE LINE(http://thewireman.com/wireline.html)

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:10:39 -0600 John Kjos <KB9RPM@centuryinter.net>
writes:
>Hi,
>     I am putting up some new antennas and I was wondering if anyone
>knows where I can find comparison's between the LMR-400UF and the
>Belden-9913F.Thank you,   John KB9RPM
>

>--
>Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]