[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-3000 Shock Absorber

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-3000 Shock Absorber
From: wmal@taconic.net (Bill)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:07:33 -0500
Hello to All:

Have any of you tried this thing? Is it worth considering in the
upcoming install.

As best as I can tell, it's some type of polyprop. disk that sits
between the G-1000/2800 rotor bottom and tower shelf. It claims to
reduce wear in the rotor by protecting it from wind gusts, and stop and
starts.

Have called a couple of dealers and the answers were sorta vague (es I'm
too cheap to call Yaesu's non 800 # and get stuck on hold!). So any info
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill, AF1S