[TowerTalk] Arrival angles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Arrival angles
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth Earl Harker)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 01:34:08 -0500 (CDT)
    I'm wondering if anyone knows, or knows how to find out, the following
function for skywave propagation:

angle <- compute_arrival_angle(height,distance,frequency,hops)

Where height is height of the antenna above ground, and distance is the
distance from the other station.  This would seem to be something likely
already solved by someone.  I'm interested in knowing when the same signal
arriving from the same station on, say, two _and_ three hops, what the
respective arrival angles are for two and three hops.  I'm also curious if the
height above ground parameter makes much difference.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page