[TowerTalk] 4-Square Owners & Experts "& resonant trees..."

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4-Square Owners & Experts "& resonant trees..."
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 06:55:02 -1000
At 06:48 AM 5/8/98 +0000, Tom Rauch wrote:

> The vertical relies on ground
>reflection at a longer distance and longer grazing angle to form
>patterns, and so has a larger and lossier Fresnel zone. (The Fresnel
>zone is the entire area where the pattern is being formed, not one
>set distance. It is different for every different system, just
>like near field distance is.)

After reading this,  am certainly happy that all seven ofmy
Gladiator verticals have nice views of the Pacific to the East,
South, and West!  Unfortunately,  the entire island of Kauai
lies to my North,  which is where most of the DX world lives
as seen in polar projection from here.  Just hope verticals
like the looong path,  hi!

See you in Dayton next week.

73,  Jim,  KH7M