[TowerTalk] Height vs power loss

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Height vs power loss
From: du1oz@writeme.com (Edward Soriano, MD, DU1OZ, KB3CNO)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 18:15:19 +0800
Hello again,

I want to improve my UHF signals Tx/rx. Will soon erect a 40 feet tower
and I am thinking of putting my two 12 element stack yagi on top of a
Th3Mk4 tribander. My concern is the power loss that will accompany that
set up considering my radio shack is quite far from the tower. To do
that I have to use more than 90 feet of coaxial line. At present the UHF
antenna is at 25 to 30 feet height attached to a 30 feet coaxial line to
the radio room.

Will there be an improvement if I choose the tower for attachment?

In installing two or three yagis in one mast, is there a distance
requirement between the yagis?

73s de Ed

Edward Soriano, MD, DU1OZ, KB3CNO
The Philippines