[TowerTalk] Launching dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Launching dipoles
From: w4zw@home.com (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 11:42:28 -0400
Wow Mark!

What a blow by blow "how to". That's pretty much how I do it except I use an
open faced  fishing reel with only the handle section.  I had used this
method for years even with the 75' lodgepole pines at my Colorado QTH.  Once
installed, I often attach a small sailing pulley at the ends of my "guys"
for the ends of the loop or dipole for ease in making adjustments or putting
it away during the really heavy snows and winds (or hurricanes here at my
Florida QTH.)

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey Key Island, Florida