No subject

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: perring@texas.net (Bob Perring)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:09:03 -0500
Hello All,

I have 175' of Rohn 45 and 150' of Rohn 55 which I will be putting up
later this Summer. I can change the Rohn 45 amount with additional
purchase, and can do same for the Rohn 55. I will start on my radio
cabin in October.

My antenna plans, subject to inputs from the sages out there, are, as
follows:

3 TOWERS, MAXIMUM....................

I will have rotatable and switched tri-band stacks on one tower (3 bay
array, switched), with a 6 meter antenna at the top of that tower. I am
thinking the tower to be Rohn 45 at 100'. Rotors will be Tail Twisters.
What side elevations should the tri-banders be mounted?

Monobanders, stacked and switched  on another tower for 20 and 15, with
a  2 meter antenna  at the top of that tower. I am thinking the tower
to be 100'. What elevation should these antennas be, and how many
should be be mounted? I am still thinking Tail Twisters for the rotors;
top and side. Perhaps the side 20's should be fixed. Perhaps, given the
tri-band stacks, side mounted 20's and side mounted 15's are not needed.

Monobanders, stacked and switched for 10 and (shortened element) 40 on
another tower. I am thinking on the Rohn 55 at 150' for this tower. The
top stack will turn via prop pitch. The side 40's will be fixed. The
side mounted 10's could turn via Tail Twisters. What elevation should
these antennas be, and how many should be be mounted?

Inverted L's for 80 and 160, with slopers also for those bands, as well
as listening beverages.

Any thoughts (silly me) on elevations for the stacks and various tower
heights to consider? I am 51 years old, and do not want to create a
repair monster situation that grows too fast beyond my ability to
maintain with time.

I would like to keep booms on all antennas under 40', and do not plan
on putting towers up as high as possible just for the sake of
erroniously thinking that there is any chance of being a DX contest
winner from South Texas.

I would like to, and will, of course,  be loud to the DX, but I want to
optimize my installation for stateside contest propogation, and a
minimization of maintenance.

The tower elevations and stack combinations are not fixed in my mind at
this point. Who has thoughts on antenna stacking heights and tower
heights?

The operating cabin design and cerveza refrigerator size is another
design matter all together, best left to my brew buds and my interior
designing wife !

Should you reply via the reflector, please ALSO reply by copy to BOTH
of my e-mail addresses listed below.

73,
Bob
N5RP