[TowerTalk] THRULINE MODEL 43

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] THRULINE MODEL 43
From: kmccourt@mail.tbaytel.net (VE3KKM)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 17:36:27 -0700
Hello to All,
Just trying to test all the antennas using the Bird watt meter,I do not
have any manuals for the meter so not sure how it performs.
I have just purchased a 1000 H plug in element for the model 43 watt
meter that was given to me 4-5 years ago.On SSB the output on the
transmitter shows 100 watts,but the model 43 shows only 20 watts on
voice peaks.At higher power with the amplifier loaded at 1kw(or close
too) the model 43 shows 400 Watts on SSB voice peaks.With a continous
carrier it shows the same output as on the transmitter.
Why does the watt meter show such low output on SSB,as comparied to
transmitter output? Is the low output measured on the bird the actual
output?Maybe I should have spent my money on a scanner!
Thanks in advance,
Kevin