[TowerTalk] Lightning Fun!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Fun!
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:23:24 -0700
> > >#3) If the bristle brushes work so well for some, why did I see a
> > >    video tape of the Orlando, Fl. airport traffic control tower
> > >    get hammered 3 times in 5 minutes, while it was covered with
> > >    these things? It looked more like a porcupine, than a control

> In medical studies using subjective data, 50% of participants report
> feeling a "cure" or positive effect when given a sugar pill. Why
> should radio be any different?
>
> 73, Tom W8JI
> w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com

In the first place, static wicks were developed to bleed any charge
developing, not to prevent it. An improper path to ground OR the
absense of an area of lower potential renders them useless.

Not if I understand you, the next time I have trouble hearing the 9M6
on 160, all I have to do is pop a sugar pill?

Get serious///

73

Ed