[TowerTalk] Lightning Fun!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Fun!
From: kn6di@groupone.net (Dan Arney)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:00:40 -0700
The static wicks on Aircraft are of 2 types Non-jet they are wicks of carbon
fiber material about 3/8 X3 to 4" in length 3 or 4 at wing tips,top of
rudder and ends os stablizers. On jet/Turbo's they are barbed metal stactic
arrestors about 4" long with very sharp barbs and very thin, plus they have
a conductive material built onto them to help get rid of the potential.
Hank KN6DI