[TowerTalk] Comparison of 12-17-30 Yagis & Logs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Comparison of 12-17-30 Yagis & Logs
From: force12@interserv.com (force12@interserv.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:56:21 -0700 (PDT)
Good morning.

The WARC-7 specs are as follows:

        *  Basic Design is three monoband Yagis on a single boom: 2el on 30,
2el
        on 17 and 3el on 12 mtrs, using the proven forward stagger technique.
        *  No traps, no log periodic cells.
        *  The feed system is a single feedline.
        *  Forward gain is 4.2dBd on 30, 4.3 on 17 and 5.3 on 12 mtrs, with F/B
        between 15-20dB and deep side nulls, excellend rear rejection.
        *  VSWR is less than 1.5:1 across the bands
        *  Boom length is 15.5', 2" diameter, using our Easy-On mounting system.
        *  Elements for 30 mtrs are linear loaded for highest efficiency and
        smallest footprint. Elements on 17 and 12 are full size.
        *  Turning radius is 21.3'
        *  Windload is 4.9 sqft
        *  Mast torque at 70 mph is <135 in/lb
        *  Weight is 32 pounds
        *  UPS shipping
        *  Lead time is 2 weeks if not in stock.
        *  List price is $795
        *  Picture is on our web site.

Production WARC-7 #1 was first used on the K7K DXpedition to Kure Island. It is
still out in the Pacific, hopefully on its way to another location!

Please let us know how we can assist on this product.

Have a great day & 73,
                Tom Schiller, N6BT
                President, Force 12, Inc.
                        Amateur Antennas, Commercial Towers & Antennas
                P.O. Box 1349 Paso Robles, CA  93447
                Phone: 805.227.1680   FAX 805.227.1684
                Web Site: http://www.QTH.com/force12