[TowerTalk] Loose vs Lose and There, Their, They're

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loose vs Lose and There, Their, They're
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 07:39:23 -0600

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 01:18:07 -0700 (PDT) w7ni@teleport.com (Stan
Griffiths) writes:

>He(y)  Guys,
>
>Please do yourself a favor and look up "loose" and "lose" in the
dictionary
>and then use them correctly.  A LOT of people right here on this
reflector
>use "loose" when they mean "lose".  Most everybody can figure out what
>you really mean, but frankly, you appear illiterate when you make that
>mistake and it sheds a bad light on the rest of what you want to say.
>If you want to have what you write taken seriously, then do it in good
>form, using the right words.
>
>Sorry, but this is one of my pet peeves and I couldn't stand it any
longer.
>It shook up my loose marbles and almost caused me to lose my mind . .
>.
>
>With the best of intentions,
>
>Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

Right on Stan!

When I first subscribed to some of  the ham reflectors, I cringed
at the misuse of the words THERE (location), THEIR (possessive),
and THEY'RE  (They Are).   The use of the word INSTALL (a verb)
in place of INSTALLATION has also caught my eye.

"They're  over  there  at  their  tower  installation."

In the interest of improved communication,

de Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]