[TowerTalk] Cushcraft U-bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft U-bolts
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (W9SN)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 23:23:56 -0500
Just came down from removing my 2 meter 10 element cushcraft yagi.
The U-bolts broke backing off the nuts.  It sure made life at 100
ft alot tougher than expected.  This yagi was bought new less than
a year ago. The bolts still looks brand new except for being broken.
Anyone know why this happened so quickly?  Bad materials,
Operator error?  Just don't want this to happen to me again on a
much bigger antenna next time.

                                Steve Narducci
                        Amateur Radio Station -  W9SN
                          All Ten Tec Equiptment