[TowerTalk] Re: resonance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: resonance
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 20:10:23
At 02:10 PM 7/6/98 EDT, W8JI@aol.com wrote:
>The last thing I want to see is someone thinking 32% transmitted power means
>most of his power is not being radiated, or that zero reactance measured some
>distance from the feedpoint (by itself) means the antenna is resonant.

Just a bit of anecdotal evidence to support Tom's latter point -- when I
measure the lowest-SWR point on my C-3 at the shack end of a long 75-ohm
feedline, it appears right where it's supposed to be - 14.225.  When I add
2 feet of jumper and my SB-220 to the circuit, the "resonant frequency"
shifts to 14.450!  Whatever else is happening, it's clear that the
antenna's resonant frequency has not changed.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"