[TowerTalk] Ground Rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods
From: aa0cy@nwrain.com (Bob Wanderer)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 18:15:36 -0700
Yep, I found 5/8" x 8' ground rods at the Home Depot in Tukwila.
The galvanized ones were about but under $6 and the
copper-clads were over $12. I still need to look at other
sources and see how they're priced; unless these are typical.

Do you know what the pH of the soil is around this area? In Nevada
it was neutral to slightly alkaline (pH=7~8). This would normally
call for copper-clad, but if we assume the pH in Seattle is also
so low on the alkaline side (and that seems a reasonable
assumption, and the difference between galvanized and
copper-clad so great, I'm wondering if there really is any
advantage to going with copper-clad. What's your opinion?

73,
Bob AA0CY