[TowerTalk] Opinions on tower install.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Opinions on tower install.
From: k2fr@juno.com (Fredrick R. Gern)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 21:43:13 EDT
I moved several months ago and am trying to set up my station again.
Here's the scenario:  I have most of a Rohn 45 tilt over; enough to get
up about 40 ft.  My lot is configured so I can only put a tower in a
location where the guys CANNOT be used.

First idea is to put the tower next to the house (one story) and brace it
to the roof with either Rohn brackets or have some made.  This connect
would be at about 12 or 13 feet.  The rest of the tower would be free
standing.  Any ideas about the antenna load this would take?
I still have a TH7, but have thought of going to a Force 12 C3 to lessen
the load.

The second idea is to roof mount 2 sections of tower (18) feet  and try
to guy it to the roof.  Has anyone tried this?

HELP!!!                Fred, K2FR

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]