[TowerTalk] Buried Guy Anchor Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Buried Guy Anchor Question
From: charlieo@tellabs.com (charlieo@tellabs.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:18:26 -0500
Greetings,

This question is directed to those who have buried guy anchors.

What measures do you take to prevent people from running/walking into them?  Do
you attempt to hide the anchor point somehow? (shrubs, trees, etc)  How about
the guy itself as it attaches the anchor... do you attach something to it to
illuminate it's presence?

This subject has become a hot one in my household recently.  Our backyard, like
all of our neighbors, is open.  Fences are not allowed.  Funny, it was one of
the very few items mentioned in the covenants.  My concern is for neighbors,
especially children, who are not always aware that the guy wires are right in
front of them, especially in the evening hours.

Just looking for some suggestions.  Many thanks in advance.

73,
Charlie  N9CO