[TowerTalk] KH7M's Concerns about Groundwave

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KH7M's Concerns about Groundwave
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 17:02:10 -1000

>I keep checking the mailbox, but my helicopter kit hasn't shown up yet :-)

Aloha Ward,  Well now that I have the ARRL BOD and their
activities sort of out of my mind,  I would like to make a
proposal to you and the towertalk reflector.

There are certainly plenty of us interested in your tests.
I suspect that with some effort,  we could raise sufficient
funds to PAY for a helicopter to explore the elevation pattern
of the antennas!  Here on Kauai,  helicopter time cost is about
$600 per hour,  pilot and machine.  With some careful
thought and planning,  probably your data on the most
"important" antennas could be collected  up in the main beam
in not THAT many 600 dollar hours.

What do you think?  I'll bet I would kick in a hundred bucks!

Is there any chance that such tests could be done again,  but
with a "paid" for helicopter instrumented probe antenna?

73,  Jim,  KH7M
Out here in whacky paradise,  where anything seems possible!