[TowerTalk] KH7M's Concerns about Groundwave

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KH7M's Concerns about Groundwave
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 21:44:19 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there any chance that such tests could be done again,  but
> with a "paid" for helicopter instrumented probe antenna?
>
> 73,  Jim,  KH7M
> Out here in whacky paradise,  where anything seems possible!

I spent most of two years instrumenting twin-engine aircraft for airborne
chemistry experiments.  What an interesting job!  But, no...I politely
decline the offer to put together an airborne field-strength meter.  It's
quite an iceberg-type job - there's a lot more below the waterline than
above.

However, there is probably some data "out there somewhere", probably for a
military program, that did similar measurements on yagi antennas.  Anybody
know of such a paper/report/study?  We could analyze it and work
backwards, maybe.

73, Ward N0AX