[TowerTalk] Grounding H/W questions:

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding H/W questions:
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:57:27 -0700
Pat Masterson wrote:

> I'll soon be completing the erection of a Heights aluminum tower 56'
> high. What kinds of metal clamps are OK to use on aluminum, to connect >to
> the copper grounding cable?

HI Pat.
Some of the smaller cable TV coax has aluminum shielding on it, and if
you can get some of it, the shield works real well to connect to
aluminum.  I take the shield and wrap it around the coax to the antenna
and seal it real good.  Then I use the aluminum to connect to the
antenna, (which are aluminum verticals). It works real good with no
oxidation where the metals touch.  73
Tom W7WHY