[TowerTalk] Re: Antenna Adventures - Part 1

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Antenna Adventures - Part 1
From: csudds@probe.net (Chuck Sudds)
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 10:33:54 -0500
At 10:37 AM 8/3/98 EDT, you wrote:

Greetings, fellow TowerTalkians!

>      Some of the most interesting (and fun) TowerTalk posts have been the
>'real life adventures' of some TowerTalkians relating to a current
>tower/antenna project that resulted in the joy of a successful job (and
>occasionally 'the agony of defeat'). Please pass along these progress reports.
>We're heading into the busy tower building season of September and October and
>I'm sure we'd all like to hear about and to see what's going up. Photos on
>your web site are always fun. Let us know.

I totally agree! I look forward to hearing real-life experience stories on
here, of different antenna installations and the occasional inovative-ideas
that are posted! We ALL learn from the efforts of our fellow hams! I can't
begin to tell you how much I, personally, have learned just lurking! I, too,
hope to have some interesting stories to tell in the near future, as I'm in
the process of erecting 80ft of Rohn 45G here on my farm in Iowa! Stay tuned...
<<snip>>

>     Bruce is a new TowerTalkian so perhaps he'll give us a report on the
>performance of the X-9 as he gets some experience with it. BTW, Cushcraft
>claims to have shipped 200 of them so far.

I look forward to hearing from Bruce as to the performance of this newly
designed Cushcraft antenna! Too bad that they were not able to get the 2el
40m add-on kit to play! This antenna, with a few noted exceptions, sounds
like a great addition to any tower!

So come on, Bruce! How do you like the new antenna??????

Chuck Sudds  K0TVD
Missouri Valley, Iowa USA
   Heartland DX Association

http://www.probe.net/~csudds/  or