[TowerTalk] TH6 to TH7

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6 to TH7
From: rpierce@trxinc.com (Ron Pierce)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 07:53:52 -0500
I am in the process of erecting my 3rd TH-6. Hope to have it up by late
fall. Have
noted with interest the comments on converting said antenna to a TH7. This
is what
I am in the process of doing. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my TH7
manual from HY-GAIN. Then I can really get serious.
Any hints or tips on refurbishing this antenna would be appreciated.  Am in
the process of replacing all the hardware . Fortunately for me high quality
hardware is
available at the local Farm Fleet store,cheap. This thing uses a gazillion
10-24x3/4
bolts,which are $2.99 a pound there.
Also am replacing all the plactic caps on the traps and so far inside the
traps all is
in near pristine condition.i.e. no rust on the shell screw.
Do have the required number of driven elements,but will have to buy 4
pieces of aluminum from Hy-Gain. Also have a second hairpin(Beta match).
Hoping not to
require many more new parts.
Thanks in advance for taking time to reply to this message.
73s de NI0L
RON