[TowerTalk] cranes for tower erection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cranes for tower erection
From: designserv@ipass.net (LYN)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:08:50 -0400

DavidC wrote:

> Rohn 45 and larger is where the crane part begins to become a point of
> discussion, though if I could afford a crane and new Rohn 45 I'd probably
> just hire a professional tower installer and watch from the sun deck!  :-)

I installed my 80' ROHN 45 solo -- used a ROHN gin pole and ran the
pulling end of the rope down the tower and around a stout pulley and
back up to where I was.  Used a come-along at my elevation to give me
fine control and ability to rest.  Your're right; there are a number of
people who love to climb towers.  I'm one.

Lyn, W4WDN