[TowerTalk] cranes for tower erection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cranes for tower erection
From: dlhough@vegas.infi.net (Dave Hough)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:34:27 -0700
I've recently used a crane to lift my Cushcraft X-7 to the top of the
tower. The crane cost about $75/hr. but was worth it considering the
cost of the X-7. It saves a lot of money, misery and sweat. An X-7 is
only 60 lbs. but is a lot to handle while swinging around at the top of
a tower.

        You really need to do a lot of planning and preparation before the
crane shows up so you don't waste time. The subject is called "rigging"
and there is information available on the Web. An Army 5 series FM on
rigging is available for you to look at.

        Good luck.

73
Dave Hough, KC7DM
Las Vegas