[TowerTalk] Antenna Projected Areas & Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Projected Areas & Towers
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy L. Olinger)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:47:38 GMT
On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 05:15:24 -0400 (EDT), Stan wrote:

>Now what we need to do is get the rest of the antenna manufacturers to
>specify thier areas the same way HyGain does,

This would be good. Not because it's HyGain. Because it's unambiguous
and one doesn't have to wonder about what reduction was built in,
because none was.

> and get the rest of the tower
>manufacturers to specify their tower capability the same way Rohn does.

Right... No ham designs, Rohn 45 for tribanders, Rohn 55 for
everything else? I think an OPEN standard would be wonderful, but
using Rohn as the standard would just perpetuate all the current
problems.

>That would be REAL progress.

You didn't wake up with a horsehead in your bed, did you?

(just kidding)

>Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

73, y'all

Guy