[TowerTalk] Newbie help, please...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Newbie help, please...
From: dicko@wormhole.com (Dick Merryman)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 21:37:56 -0400
I presently use a Cushcraft R-7000 vertical, mounted on the gable end of my
garage but want to put up a tower with a rotatable beam.  The tower is out
of the question right now so I have an interim alternative that is
XYL-approved and solicit opinions on its viability:

I found a great deal on a Force 12 C-4 10-15-20-40M beam and propose to
mount it on a rooftop tripod on the garage, the beam being about 25 feet
above ground.  Due to the swing of the C-4, the Cushcraft would have to come
down so I propose to either ground-mount it, or, mount it above the beam on
the same mast.

My question:  should I bother or is the beam simply too low to be efficient,
and, is there any problem rotating the vertical with the beam??

Also, when standing on the peak of the roof, in front of an eight foot
tripod, with a 34 foot vertical in my hand, how the hell do I get it mounted
on the mast??

No laughter, please,

Dick
N3XRU