[TowerTalk] Rohn Tower questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Tower questions
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 20:25:47 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-04 20:03:19 EDT, thomas@cybrzn.com writes:

> Have Rohn 25g tower on ground ready to erect. I have the GA25 Guy
>  bracket with TB25 torque bars. The holes which are punched in the ends
>  of the torque bars seem to have rather sharp edges and I think will
>  chafe the guy cables in time. How does one attach the cable to these
>  safely?

     Use a shackle - also known as a clevis. It's the intermediate piece
between the torque arm and the guy termination.

>  Also, I have a 4' piece of standard 25 tower section which I intend to
>  embed in concrete for the base. Any problems with this?

      No.

>  Can someone tell me which zone I am in for wind loading (60 mi. straight
>  north Green Bay, Wi.)

       Marinette County is an 85 MPH windspeed zone.

> Will 3/16 EHS work?

       What does the book say? (Hint: it says 'yes'.)

      Rohn catalogs are available at http://www.championradio.com if perhaps
you don't have one.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC
Champion Radio Products