[TowerTalk] Mast alignment was:refurbish a Thrust bearing?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast alignment was:refurbish a Thrust bearing?
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 03:31:36 -0700
Jim White, K4OJ wrote:

> .......the top tube on a pointy top is in the center of the tower
>
> Y or N

I would say yes to this one . . .

> ....if Y, and the bolt comes in from the side unless that bolt never
> proceeds past the inside of the tube it will ultimately make the mast "not
> in the center"
>
> Right?
>
> 73,
>
> Jim, K4OJ
> k4oj@ij.net

Right, but who cares?  If you use a proper 2 " mast, the bolt will hit
the mast
very soon after it enters the top pipe portion since there is only a
little
clearence between the pipe top pipe and the mast.  You would only clamp
the
mast with the bolt to temporarily remove the rotator so under the
condition of
not having a rotator installed, who cares if the mast is perfectly
centered?

So I guess I missed your point , Jim . . .

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com