[TowerTalk] Wanted: P.E. Stamp

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wanted: P.E. Stamp
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 23:44:45 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-18 21:08:34 EDT, lburke@wt.net writes:

> I have an interesting dilemma. After being advised by the City that I did
>  not need a building permit for a tower and erecting same, the City has
>  requested that I obtain a Registered P.E.'s statement that the installation
>  will withstand 100 mph winds. The request was apparently triggered by a
>  neighbor who currently stands to lose no more than a fence or tree should
it
>  fall. I am studying my options... one I want to look into, for reasons I
>  won't go into here, is compliance with their request. (I followed the
recent
>  thread about cities requiring permits after installation and do NOT wish to
>  repeat that discussion!)

       What kind of tower?

>  (1) Can anyone out there recommend someone they have used and were
satisfied
>  with? What type of installation did you have analyzed and what was the fee?

     The PE has to be licensed in the state in which the plans are being
submitted. It's easy for a PE to get reciprocity for another state but most
don't bother.

     I've got a PE locally who does ham plans in his spare time. He charges
$240 (4 hrs. x $60/hr.) for simple Rohn plans. That's pretty reasonable in my
book.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products