[TowerTalk] Trig Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trig Question
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 06:05:58 GMT
 I need some help doing some calculations for a tower. It has been over
30 years since I took trig in school and I can't remember my formulas.
  The tower is going to be 70 ft Rohn 25 guyed as per the Rohn book, 70
mph wind area guy  wires at 32' and 65' guyed at 56' from tower base it
will right now have a TH 6 tribander on it.
My questions are
 1. With 2 of the guy points on the property line how far is it from the
property line to the tower? ( I need this measurement so I can figure
the postion of the 3rd guy point to see if the proposed site is big
enough)
 2. Will elevating the guy points make the guys wires longer or shorter?
and if so by how much? ( XYL requires elevaterd guy points)
  I seem to remember reading on here that "I" beams were stronger than
round pipe for elevated guy points right or wrong?
  Do I need to use an equlizer plate for this setup or is that over
kill?
 thanks
Rick Bullon
KC5AJX