[TowerTalk] CC ATB-34 Triband Dinosaur

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CC ATB-34 Triband Dinosaur
From: wbischof@glasscity.net (William L. Bischoff)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:48:59 -0400

Greetings Towertalkians:

This is a memory test, sort of.

I have a Cushcraft ATB-34 tribander (20/15/10) new-in-the-box that I
purchased in 1979 for Field Day but it didn't get used.  The assembly
brochure shows graphs for F/B and SW ratios but doesn't identify any
foward gain specs.  I don't have a marketing catalog that harkens back
that far.   The spacing between reflector and director is 17'7",  with
a separate 10M reflector.   Does anyone know the alleged foward gain
by band?

For those that have used this trap yagi, what is your opinion of its
performance?  Are you aware of any "tricks" for improving the
performance?   I understand that there are better products on the
market today and the
ATB-34 isn't modern state-of-the-art, but I'm going to erect it and
try this boy in the 10M contest.   I anticipate some improvement over
my 80M FW loop fed with 450 ohm feed line operating on 10M.

Tnx  73
Pete K4LDR  Citrus County FL on the Gulf of Mexico

Member of the Florida Contest Group (FCG) - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out
the FQP website@: http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm

William L. Bischoff
6945 Clare Court
Sylvania, Ohio 43560