[TowerTalk] KT34-XA Capacitor Sealing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT34-XA Capacitor Sealing
From: aa6eg@cv.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:58:31 -0700 (PDT)

I am contemplating sealing the blue polyethelyne capacitor end caps in our
newly upgraded KT-34XA, and wonder if there are any negatives to doing
so....I would plan to use some Silicone Seal (RTV) covering the complete
perimeter of the cap bottom edge, and also, a bead around the center hole
for extra insurance against water intrusion there.  It appears that the
KT-34 is extremely sensitive to ANY intrusion of water inside the
capacitos, so I want extra insurance, and long life....Any negatives to
doing the RTV thing?

73, DX de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ
"The Contest Station from the Government"

Marina Amateur Radio Contest Stat
599 DX Drive
Marina CA 93933

aa6eg@tmx.com